Monday, September 29, 2008

Pinball Wizard

So I heard a story on the news this morning about this guy from somewhere who won a pinball champion over the weekend. He ended his day with 55 million points. On a scale of 1-10 in the world of pinball I’m sure that’s amazing (on a scale of 1-10 in the real world it’s not quite worth the stamp to send in the application to be on the scale of 1-10), but get this: what astonishing prize was this valiant champion given for his Herculean efforts?

A pinball machine.

They gave the guy a pinball machine.

If this man can get 55 million points on a pinball game, chances are he already has one (or else he’s spent a lot of quarters on the wrong thing). I haven’t seen the pinball machine but I can’t imagine it would be worth the time and effort required to obtain it. Even if the backlit features of a nude Angelina Jolie were front and centre on this thing it wouldn’t be worth it (only just).

This is a man who has honed his reflexes to respond to split second decisions. Doesn’t he realize he can move on to other things? There’s a whole list of Sensei out there looking for new students to train into deadly ninjas. He’s got the reflexes, he’s got the drive to crush the competition: get out there mysterious Pinball wizard and sweep that leg!

I tried to find an article to link to this blog but surprisingly few news web sites consider this actual news. What I did however find was that there are a number of web sites for people who adore pinball.

Don’t get me wrong, I like pinball, just not that much.

No comments: