Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Silencio

Dear Solitary Reader,

My apologies if I haven’t been around as of late. Here’s why: I have this thing whereby every now and then my iris gets really angry and threatens to hulk out and eventually explode. It hasn’t actually happened yet, and hopefully won’t, and I’m not sure the iris will actually you know – pop – but it sounds dramatic doesn’t it?

The particular malady is named iritus, which I still think is some sort of conjugation of the Latin verb of writing. “Iritus, Irotus, Iratus (I write it, I wrote it, they’re mad at me cause it sucked) and its an inflammation of the, wait for it, iris of the eye. Part of the issue is that the iris gets pushed forward and sticks to the cornea and that’s where I’m at:


That’s me – the man with the moon in his eye. Take a look at that whacky shape, that’s because the bottom of the iris is stuck to the front of the eye.


Nice eh?

But what causes this you ask? Well after some testing the medicals told me I have this condition called ankylosing spondylitis – a cousin of rheumatoid arthritis. Click the link for all that you’ve ever, or will ever, want and/or need to know about Ankle low sing Sponge Bob Itis.

One of the more interesting presentations of this thing is that the spine has the potential to fuse together. I did some research a while ago and found another such critter.

This is the ankylosaurus. Notice the fused spine? So if my faith in science is correct, this is what I’m going to look like in about look like in about 40 years. At which point I will become a crime fighter… or an armadillo with an attitude.


So that’s why you haven’t heard from me – I can’t see well enough for any prolonged computational activity. But like Arnold Schwarzenegger said in that movie: “You’re Fired”

Sincerely,

Me

PS I have not forgotten the purpose – when I get better it will blossom.

No comments: