Sunday, January 3, 2010

An Ode to the Thermostat

In summer I give no thought at all
To that which sits upon my wall;
When winter comes, I'm thankful though
Inside it's warm, outside there's snow.
While frigid winter winds will blow
I remain warm despite the squall.

Turning, turning all the time turning
Until the cold is gone and I am burning;

As soon as I feel that winter breeze
I turn the notch up a few degrees;
With a small but telling "ping"
My electric heat begins to sing
Soon I shall not feel a thing!
My chilled nerve endings are appeased.

Turning, turning all the time turning
Up the dial and I am burning;

In truth the process would not be whole
Without this device to control;
You were just something I was staring at
Lost in thought for a subject that
I could write about, yet thee Thermostat
Are worthy of the virtues I extol.

Turning, turning all the time turning
Until the cold is gone and I am burning

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: