Thursday, October 2, 2008

Stuff’n’Such

Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife Carole!

Deadlines: why do they call deadlines deadlines? I don’t usually make a habit of missing deadlines but in the few instances where I have missed one I haven’t died. Perhaps the term hearkens back to a time when the workplace was fraught with more danger than carpal tunnel syndrome affords. Maybe we should change the terminology we use to refer to these “deadlines.” Something tailored to your industry or something that would indicated the consequences: “Your boss will be really pissed with you”lines or “you don’t get to go to college” or something like that.. Deadline is really just a watered down term these days.

Reality TV: So I’m thinking about trapping a bunch of people in my back yard and they have to watch all 108 movies and/or TV shows with Michael Gambon in them (he’s one of the two actors that played Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies (the one that’s not the other one)) and the last person left wins. I’m going to call it “Survivor: Gambon”

Coffee: Damn I love coffee.

Being a Really Useful Engine: So now that we’ve listed we’re going to have to make a big push to keep the place in some sort of semblance of cleanliness. It’s been 3 days since we were lucky enough to have someone come in and clean the place (thanks MiL & FiL!) and we’ve done a pretty good job. The true test will be tomorrow when the Duncaroo and I are home all day. But a really useful engine will keep going until the job is done and we will fight that endless fight against confusion and the delay of selling our home.

No comments: