Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stuff… and Other Stuff

Well as I continue to look at the world through a fog (physical as opposed to the usual mental fog) here’s some things for you to see:

Turducken: My good friend John aka Rabdo and his fabulous wife Amy have promised to do their yearly Turducken on a weekend when I’ll actually be able to attend. Last year I couldn’t make it due to the fact that I accidentally said yes to going to Carole’s work’s Christmas Party, and so composed the following: Damn You Castrucci. The year before I composed the Turduckenomicon: The Book of the Dead Bird. Let me know if you’d like to read it. This year I will compose a song entitled The Redemption of John Castrucci. Next year, perhaps a musical.

Who Wants A Time Out? So my first real attempt at disciplining of my son sort of backfired. He’d been being a major pill – looking mommy in the eye while throwing his food across the floor – so I stuck him in a corner still strapped into his booster seat. I could tell he quite wasn’t getting the point when he was laughing and saying “Daddy!” But then: Crash! Turns out the boy has got the natural instincts of a spy: he rocked the chair back and forth until it fell over. This scared him and he cried – so he wasn’t like super cool spy – but we ran over and took him out of the chair so he got out anyway. Next time I put him face in I’m strapping him in with duct tape.

Tell Me Your Dreams: I’ve got a talent for dream interpretation. Tell me your dream and I will artfully employ my Bill-shit to translate what your subconscious is trying to tell me...er I mean you. Keep the kinky ones to yourself please. If you don’t like the answer, well you shouldn’t have said anything in the first place! Carole: the dream means you’re afraid of Duncan growing up and not being your little boy anymore. Rhonda I have no idea why you were doing that with a polar bear… I didn’t even think it was possible.

Observations on Life:
“And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

-- Hamlet Act 1, Scene 5

3 comments:

CaroleM said...

For the record, Duncan wasn't hurt. He more got the point when we put his trains away and high out of reach.

Thanks for the dream analysis honey - I'll take that :)

Unknown said...

Ok give this one a try...
I as driving in the car when my sister's head turned into a balloon and floated away and it didn't seem weird at all.

Unknown said...

The car is the road of life, you and your sister have taken suddenly different paths on that road; her sudden cranial inflation is indicative of a sudden alteration of her normal patterns. Or you think she's full of hot air.