Monday, October 6, 2008

The Coffee Scale

I’ve decided from now on I’m ranking my mornings on the assumption of how much coffee I’ll need to get through the day. Here’s how it works.

The baseline for the scale will be two. It’s two because the only time I can remember when I had less than two coffees per day was that 6 month period when I thought I could live without coffee. That was stupid.

I was going to call this a multiple coffee scale (MCS) but since everyday is an MCS that’s not descriptive enough. Instead I’d like to introduce you to the +2 Scale. Here are some parameters:

0+2 = 2 coffees per day. This is standard operating procedure and it means while I’m not super energetic, at least I’m not lagging.
1+2 = 3 coffees per day. This is most likely going to be a Monday (like today and today will be a 1+2 at least).
2+2 = 4 coffees per day. This is most likely a Friday because I’ve been up the night before playing World of Warcraft with my friends (if they were my friends they’d send me to sleep at a reasonable time rather than keeping me up saying: “just one more instance!”).
3+2 = 5 coffees per day. This is most likely going to be a Thursday when I have my 2-3 coffees during the day and then have a pot between 6-8 (because if I don’t I get cranky when I’m gaming).

Feel free to take this scale and add to it. I’m not responsible for any health issues caused by increased coffee consumption or “climbing the scale.”

The +2 Scale – Go as High as You Need to Keep Going!

2 comments:

PrincessButtercup said...

Actually, a while back when we found our house and I was calculating how close the Kindergarten class was, I started a scale based on how long it takes to drink said coffee. So, to Sam's K class it's a short coffee or tall with a reheat once I get back. It's a grande to either of my neighborhood friends' house and for sure a venti to the Safeway which I have not yet braved.

I like your scale, but because I now have to restrict my coffee intake to 2, I alas, cannot add to it, but perhaps you could incorporate the scale that all us girls created way back ;)

PS Thanks for coming out to see our new ShmuggaMoo, It was lovely to see your Duncaroo, he was cute with his choochoo and we would again love to have the *ahem* 3ish of you.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm I remember reading about that one a while back, it stuck with me. You've created the quantum scale, and I propose the quantitative scale, between the both of us we've got all almost all the dimensions covered (except the 8th, that's just a freaky freeway entrance).

The acronym game: Making acronyms out of the words you have to type to be authorized. SCJSLA - The Society for Creative Jugglers, Singers, Legerdemain and Actors.