Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Dusty In Here

So my wife tells me I ought to get back on the blogging wagon. Tap those keys and become one more voice in that sea of voices that is the Interweb. I hesitate to do so. If I do get back into the habit of blogging she'll think I'm going to start listening to all her good advice and that sets a dangerous precedent.

So what's been going on? Well those who know me, already know. And those who don't know me - there are better sites than this ("Go then, there are other worlds than these").

Once I fix the pilot light in the brain pan and that gets burning I'm sure I'll expound intelligently on some of the crazy things I've noticed - but right now I'm just coming down from having finished a property assessment related course. I'm not enjoying reading for the sake of reading not because I need to try and commit the four styles of management in a Systems approach to memory (if you're interested its facilitate, systematic, directive and interactive).

I've been reading some of Robert B. Parker's Spenser novels - those are good quick reads. I finished one in about 3 hours last week (though I should have been studying for a test). The books are formulaic but quite well written and enjoyable. I just branched out and tried one of his Jesse Stone novels and found it to be similar so that opens up a whole new avenue of books I can read. Sadly I came home with the book at about 4:30 and I finished it about 1/2 hr ago.

The book I'm currently waiting to get my hands on is the latest book by Jim Butcher called Turn Coat. I really want to get it but its one of those cases where when I do I'll read it in 5 hrs and want more and have to wait eons for the next one to come out. So I hold off. Pleasure delayed is later savored.

Well that's enough for now. Let's see if I can make this a habit.

No comments: